PRO TIPS: Reving Type 3C HairUpdated a year ago
Written By: Tania Diaz
RevAir Salon Partner & Contributing Author
If you are looking for tips on how to rev TYPE 3C HAIR, you’ve come to the right place! As a stylist, I handled every hair type across the spectrum. With the help of RevAir, I am now able to get gorgeous results faster, easier, and in a healthier way than traditional methods.
Before & After Photo © Tania Diaz
TANIA'S TIPS & TRICKS
- STAYING POWER: After Shampooing and Conditioning the hair, I use a frizz-free Leave-In Conditioner to give the RevAir an extra boost. The extra moisture stays in the hair, as TYPE 3C HAIR can often lack moisture.
- BREAKAWAY: Be sure to section your hair. This will allow you to move around the head methodically and finish faster than you ever imagined. Before placing hair into Wand, I recommend combing through the section. This helps avoid even the tiniest tangle.
- SWITCH IT UP: For those with TYPE 3C HAIR, I typically start Reving at TENSION LEVEL 3-4 where the curl is tightest. Then, I make a quick switch to TENSION LEVEL 2 mid-section and down to the ends where curl is generally more relaxed.
- DOWN TO SIZE: Ideal section size depends on the thickness of the hair. Never fear, it is simple and quick to learn. Start with 1/2 inch to 2-inch sections, as a good rule.
- ABOUT TIME: Hair can be dry, soft, and sleek in as little as 15 to 25 seconds. However, for some, it can take 30 to 90 seconds. Don’t be discouraged if you are on the longer side of that time scale. RevAir will still be faster than anything you’ve ever experienced!
- DONE FOR: Once I have finished Reving the hair, I apply a small amount of Serum to the ends for that perfect finishing touch.
Looking for more 411? CLICK HERE to see more videos of RevAir & Type 3c Hair.
Check out more of Tania's work here:
❤️Follow on Instagram @gethairfever
👍🏻Follow on Facebook @gethairfever
Was this article helpful?